Tripp Lite’s SMART500RT1U intelligent, line-interactive rack/tower uninterruptible power supply prevents data loss, downtime and equipment damage due to power outages, voltage fluctuations and transient surges. Requires only one rack space (1U) in a 2 or 4 post rack, with included accessories for upright tower placement. Large internal batteries offer 14.6 minutes half load runtime and 3.2 minutes at full load. Maintains regulated 120V nominal output without using battery power during brownouts as low as 90V. 500VA/300 watt power handling capability is compatible with networking, telecom and other sensitive electronic applications. Includes 6 UPS supported outlets with a single outlet load bank that can be individually controlled via software interface to reboot select equipment on demand or shed less significant loads to extend battery runtime for more critical equipment. Includes 1 surge-only outlet for peripherals not requiring battery backup.
Supports simultaneous remote monitoring of UPS and site power conditions via built-in USB and DB9 monitoring ports. PowerAlert UPS monitoring and unattended shutdown software is available for free download. Emergency Power Off (EPO) interface offers option for instantaneous power-off of UPS and connected equipment in the case of fire or emergency situation. Multi-function audible alarms and set of 5 front panel LEDs offer at-a-glance notification of UPS and line power status. Network-grade AC surge suppression protects equipment from damage and performance problems resulting from transient surges and line noise. Attractive all-black color scheme.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
- SMART500RT1U UPS System
- Mounting hardware
- USB, DB9 and EPO cabling
- Instruction manual
SMART500RT1U SMARTPRO® LINE-INTERACTIVE RACK/TOWER UPS WITH NETWORK SLOT
for servers and network hardware This line-interactive UPS system protects your critical network systems from damage, downtime and data loss.
- Battery backup powers critical systems during outages.
- AVR corrects power sags (brownouts).
- Surge protection blocks harmful transient voltages.
- LED indicators signal power, voltage correction, load level and battery charge state.
- Network card slot supports optional remote access and network management.
- USB and serial ports connect to computers for power management.
- 3-year warranty and $250,000 insurance reflect commitment to reliability.
Why is this UPS a Good Investment?
The success of any organization depends on critical information systems like servers and network hardware. If your critical systems don’t have reliable power, employees can’t work, communications go down, automated systems malfunction and productivity grinds to a halt. It would be nice if utility power was always reliable, but it isn’t. Between severe weather, the aging electrical grid and unavoidable hazards lurking inside your own walls, your servers and network hardware are under constant attack from power problems. Even a brief loss of power or a momentary surge can damage your equipment, corrupt your data, bring down your network and hurt your bottom line.
The potential costs of downtime are alarming. Surveyed averages range from $1,167 per minute for mid-size businesses (IDC) to $7,908 per minute for larger operations (Ponemon Institute). For a tiny fraction of these costs, you can prevent damage, downtime and data loss by installing this SmartPro® UPS system. It conditions incoming AC power to protect your equipment, provides enough battery backup to outlast most outages and allows critical systems to shut down gracefully to prevent data loss and corruption during extended blackouts.
Protect Servers and Network Hardware
Application Servers, Storage Servers, Database Servers, File Servers, Virtualization Servers, Proxy Servers, Web Servers, Media Servers, VoIP Servers, Network-Attached Storage, Network Switches, PoE Switches, Firewalls, Network Appliances, Bridges, Gateways, Routers
AVR and Surge/Noise Protection
In locations with chronic voltage problems, frequent switching to battery drains reserve power and shortens battery life. This UPS system has a feature called automatic voltage regulation (AVR) that solves the problem. The UPS detects when input voltage is out of bounds and corrects it without using the battery.
All Tripp Lite UPS systems also include built-in surge protection and noise filtering to shield your equipment from destructive transient voltages and electromagnetic (EMI/RFI) line noise.
Flexible Management Options
There are several ways to manage this UPS system:
- Use the front-panel LEDs for convenient local management.
- Use the USB port with your computer’s built-in power management features.
- Use the USB or serial port with your computer and Tripp Lite’s PowerAlert® software. PowerAlert provides enhanced features like automatic file saves, event notification, logging, advanced device control and an SNMP agent that supports centralized management. Select UPS models include a convenient CD-ROM, or you can download the latest version of PowerAlert for free at Tripp Lite’s website.
- Install an optional network card to enable standalone network management via SNMP, Web, SSH or telnet. The network card has an Ethernet port and embedded interface, allowing you to access advanced monitoring, control and notification features without directly connecting the UPS system to a computer. The network card also supports connecting one or more optional sensors for remote temperature, humidity and contact closure monitoring. (Available network cards and sensors include TLNETCARD with TLNETEM sensor; WEBCARDLX with E2MT, E2MTDO, E2MTDI and E2MTHDI sensors; and SNMPWEBCARD with ENVIROSENSE sensor. Refer to each model for specific features.)
This UPS system also has one switched outlet bank, allowing you to reboot a locked connected device remotely or turn off nonessential loads during extended outages to provide additional runtime.
- High Efficiency: This UPS system saves energy, produces less heat, shrinks your carbon footprint and reduces annual operating costs.
- User-Replaceable Battery: This UPS system has a user-replaceable, recyclable battery, allowing it to remain in service instead of going to a landfill.
- RoHS Compliance: This UPS system complies with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Directive, limiting the use of hazardous substances in manufacturing.
Dependable Service from an Industry Leader
Service and Support
- 3-Year Product Warranty: If this UPS system (including the internal battery) proves defective in material or workmanship within that period, Tripp Lite will repair or replace it at no charge.
- $250,000 Insurance: Tripp Lite will repair or replace connected equipment damaged by surges – even lightning strikes!
- Free Tech Support: Chicago-based, in-house tech specialists are available by phone, email and chat.
- Over 90 Years: Founded in 1922, Tripp Lite has a long-established and proven track record of providing reliable products and responsive customer service.
- Trusted Name: From the smallest office to the largest data center, customers worldwide trust Tripp Lite to power, protect, manage and connect valuable IT equipment.
- Third-Party Safety Testing and ISO 9001 Certification
Load Capacity: 500 VA (300 W)
Nominal AC Input: 120V, 60 Hz
Nominal AC Output: 120V, 60 Hz
AC Outlets: 7 x 5-15R
Switched Outlet Banks: One switchable single-outlet 5-15R load bank
Output Waveform (AC Mode): Sine Wave
Output Waveform (Battery Mode): PWM Sine Wave
Input Cord: 10 ft. (3 m) Cord with 5-15P Plug
Half-Load Runtime: 14.6 min. (150 W Load)
Communications: USB Port (HID-Compliant); Serial Port (DB9); Network Card Slot; EPO
User-Replaceable Battery: Yes (RBC62-1U)
Primary Form Factor: 1U Rack (Supports 2- or 4-post rack installation with included kit.)
Dimensions: 1.75 x 17.5 x 11.3 in. (4.5 x 44.5 x 28.7 cm)
Weight: 17.6 lb. (8 kg)
Standards: UL 1778 (USA); CSA (Canada); NOM (Mexico); FCC (EMI); RoHS
Product Warranty (Worldwide): 3-Year Limited Warranty (Registration required for third year.)
Connected Equipment Insurance (U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico): $250,000
What’s Included: UPS, 2- or 4-Post Rack Installation Kit, USB/Serial/EPO Cabling, PowerAlert Software, Manual
Tripp Lite has a policy of continuous improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual products may differ slightly from photos. Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. Runtime varies with load, battery condition and other factors. Go to Tripp Lite’s website for more information, including complete warranty terms and conditions.